HAIR BY LEVITA-MARIE
6 Tips for Sexy Summer Hair
Score yourself some sexy summer hair without letting the warm weather have its way with you. It’s easy to let frizz and other products weigh your tresses down, but we’ve got exactly what your locks need to look cool and casual all summer long!
1. Pump It – Warm weather can bring out the best and worst in wavy hair. Frizz can be a major deterrent to letting your hair breathe, but trust us, it’s much better than flat-ironing it down. Add some volume—without the frizz—by using a mousse to give your hair some body. If your hair is on the short side, use wax to bring out your curls.
2. Life’s a Beach – Taking a trip to the beach or the local swimming pool can be a blast when the sun is sizzling. Unfortunately, your hair doesn’t benefit from the chlorine at all. After you’ve gotten in those laps, use a detangling spray on your hair and comb through it using a wide-tooth brush. Your knots will be undone and you won’t have to worry about root breakage.
3. Body Guard – There are tons of fun activities you can do during the summer, from running on a trail to having a cozy picnic! Just make sure that you take good care of your hair when you’re outside. You don’t have to go as far as wearing a hat, just use a UV protectant spray right before you get out in the sun. It’ll help your hair color look beautiful and bold and prevent fading.
4. Other Ways to Get Curl – It’s best to avoid styling tools as much as possible during the summer. They can damage your hair fairly easily, and that type of damage is hard to miss. If you’ve got straight hair, but still crave summer waves, skip the curling iron and braid your hair instead. Sleep on the ‘do and untie them in the morning to find sultry, stylish waves.
5. Try a Hair Mask – You don’t have to visit a spa to treat your hair like gold. Just make your own budget-friendly hair mask at home. Try our recipe for a Fruit Smoothie Hair Mask here! All the naturally creamy, fatty oils in these fruits seep into your hair for a moisturizing effect.
6. Squeaky Clean – Even though we’re only supposed to shampoo and condition our hair once every couple days, you better be sure that you’re getting all the grime out during that shower session. Sand, dirt and other particles often find their way into our hair follicles during the summer because we’re constantly outside. Try using this Hair Build-Up Remover.
< Prev Next >More Articles Like This